I qualified from UCL in 1995 and have now been established as a Consultant Psychiatrist for 12 years. I completed my Psychiatric training on the Royal Free Training Scheme. I was awarded the Fellowship of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in 2012 for my contribution to Psychiatry. My NHS work is in Hertfordshire, where I am the lead for the local Memory Service. This involves close work with the Alzheimer’s Society, with whom I have been involved in a voluntary capacity. I am the Chair of the Herts Old Age Psychiatry Group and also sit on the Ethics Executive. I have been involved in private practice for 10 years.
I am actively involved in Medical Education of Junior Doctors and a Tutor and enrolled in a Masters in Medical Education. I was elected Secretary of the Psychiatry Council at The Royal Society of Medicine where I promote Psychiatry and give input into conferences. I have previously been on the Liaison Faculty and Women in Psychiatry Group at The Royal College of Psychiatrists and remain an active member of the Old Age Faculty.
- Beveridge E A, Ananth H, Scurlock H J ‘What protection for the unborn child of a psychologically vulnerable adult?’ Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine. 96(2):92-93, February 2003.
- Ananth H, Jones L, King M and Tookman A ‘The Impact of Cancer on Sexual Function:A Controlled Study’ Palliative Medicine, 2003; 17: 202-205
- Invited speaker at Marie Curie Research and Development Conference 2002, 2005 and St George’s Hospital 2002.
- Campbell PG and Ananth H ‘Graduates: In: Jacoby R, Oppenheimer C, eds: Psychiatry in the Elderly’ Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002, pp 762-799.
- Ananth H, Popescu I, Good CD, Critchley HD, Frackowiak RSJ, Dolan RJ ‘Cortical and Subcortical Gray Matter Abnormalities in Schizophrenia: Optimized Volumetric Voxel-Based Morphometry of Structural Magnetic Resonance Imaging’ Am J Psychiatry 159:1497 – 1505, September 2002
- Poster presentation at International Schizophrenia Conference, Davos 2002.
- Critchley HD, Ananth H, Popescu I, Good CD, Frackowiak RSJ, Dolan RJ ‘Cortical and thalamic grey matter abnormalities in Schizophrenia: optimized volumetric Voxel-based morphometry of structural magnetic resonance imaging Schizophrenia’ Research 53, Suppl A181
- Currently collaborating with Research & development team looking into category-specific object naming in dementia: Category-Specific Object Naming in Dementia of Probable Alzheimer Type: naming pictures of living and non-living things, actively recruit for DENDRON.
- Posters at Royal College of Psychiatrists: 2012 Prevalence of Depression in non-referred patients in the General Hospital, 2015 Eating Disorders in the Elderly and Developing a Template for GP letters following a Memory Clinic Assessment
- Google Map Location: