Tips to Improve Mental Health
In today’s time, almost every other person suffers from a mental health issue in one form or another. Whether that be Stress, Anxiety, Marital problems, financial issues – all of these have made life quite stressful in all countries around the world. A number of adverse health effects have been associated with mental health problems, including an increased risk of headaches, muscle pain or tension, fatigue, changes in sex drive, gastrointestinal symptoms, anxiety, and sleep difficulty. Uncontrollable stress can also increase the risk of chronic health problems, like heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity, and diabetes.
In this small article we present 5 basic and simple things we can do to improve our mental well being.
- Set up a getaway: Plan a getaway away from the crowd and together with your loved ones. This is a great way to just turn off the heat and has shown to be amongst the best remedies to reduce stress. Don’t forget to to limit your phone calls.
- Smile and have fun : Don’t forget that a smile is the best ornament that can be worn and reduce the heat of the moment when in tough situations. Knowing that the tough time will just pass, just to have have fun until it lasts.
- Practice forgiveness : Learn to forgive. From smaller things in life to bigger mistakes practicing forgiveness can reduce stress levels be a great amount.
- 15 Minutes daily meditation : There’s a growing body of research to support the meditation–mental health connection. Meditation is especially beneficial for reducing stress. Studies show it can also reduce depression and anxiety, and help people manage chronic pain.
- Do new Activities: It is a known fact that humans are happier when they try new experiences. These can be as simple as making a new drawing/painting, trying a new recipe, visiting a new restaurant.